Monday 5 August 2013

At least it's warm rain.

I thought I would look on the bright side. Although the sun has gone for now, the rain is warm and England has retained The Ashes. I hope it is dry tomorrow though, I'm going to work in London until Thursday and really would like to stay dry getting to and from the station at both ends.
In other news, my poorly foot has been confirmed as being caused by Plantar Fasciitis ( http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/heel-pain/Pages/Introduction.aspx ) for which the physio has advised me to rest and exercise it. That may sound contradictory but I need to keep the weight off it and do some stretches to ease the ligaments which are thickening and becoming tight. I sincerely hope it works as I'm getting a bit sick of the discomfort when I walk. The physio also suggested insoles in my shoes to help even out the weight distribution when I walk.
I have been struggling over the last few days again with moderate mood swings relating to my singleton status. Nothing too severe, just an occasional dip when I miss the companionship I used to enjoy with Madame. On the other hand that was absent for the last couple of years as we both retreated into our shells and she found solace online with the man she is now marrying. It galls me sometimes to think that without his involvement we might have had a better chance at saving the marriage. Having said that had I had the sense to ask for a different relate counsellor we may have sorted ourselves out as well. Anyway what's gone is gone and we must move on because what might have been wasn't and as the old saying goes 'if your aunt had balls she would've been your uncle'
I like writing my thoughts down in here as I know a couple of people read my maunderings; it helps to get my feelings out in the open and stops me from dwelling. Someone suggested I write a private blog, just for myself but I think I prefer it this way as there may be someone who reads what I'm writing who is in a similar situation and can maybe get some solace from knowing they are not alone.
Anyway, that's all for now. Peace and Love, ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment