Friday 27 July 2012

Afternoon off

It is such a lovely day, the sun is shining and the gentle whirr of next door's strimmer fills the air. A typical English Summer, ahhh!
Enough of that tripe, I decided to take the afternoon off to catch up on some sleep and to moan and twist on here. Not true really, well the sleep part is as I've had a couple of late nights this week for no apparent reason and I'm a bit pooped. The moan and twist bit isn't though.
 Since I reconstituted my blog (sounds like a medical procedure but never mind) and opened up about my depression and other problems I've had nothing but support and kind words from friends and strangers alike. There are some very kind people in this world and I think we'd do well to remember that. Sometimes we do ourselves down as a species and let the haters take over, there really is no need. From what I have experienced recently, the kind outweigh the hateful many times over.
It takes nothing to spare a kind word or thought for others who may be suffering from sadness, loneliness or physical illness and it really does help. It's good to know that someone has bothered to think of you even for a fleeting moment, it means that perhaps you aren't as alone as you might think.
I say, hurrah for the good and kind folks in this world. Scones all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment