Thursday 4 September 2014

The Future.

As I may have mentioned before, after the Great Schism of 2012 I decided that I would live in the day and not look too far forward.
Today though my mind drifted to the future and what it might hold. I have made great progress on The Tale and have moved rapidly from draft one to draft three in the last few days thanks to great help from my esteemed Brother and my friends Ian and Barbara, not Ian's Barbara, this is another one who is a writer and lecturer in writing.
Anyway, this got me to thinking about what I will be doing in the not too distant future when the time comes to hang up my cutlass and tri-corn hat.
I hope that if I'm spared I will find a small place overlooking the sea where I can walk on the beach, go to the pub, visit America and write, not necessarily in that order. The writing bug has really caught me now that I can see progress with The Tale which I will refer to from now as West goes West, since that is its working title.
This writing malarkey is quite fun and now that an idea is moving forward I can see where Bob is going, yes you got it, west. I hope to turn this initial story into the first of a series chronicling Bob's life and maybe, depending on many imponderables, that of his offspring so over time we move from 1865 to the present day.
I find writing a cathartic exercise, it takes my mind to a place where the daily grind is put on the back burner for a while and I can immerse myself in another world and a different life. Perhaps it is the life I led in a previous incarnation, if you believe in such things, because the idea came from nowhere and whenever I am in America I feel as if I have been there before, which I have but you know what I mean, particularly the west. It could of course be all those formative years watching 'The Virginian', 'The High Chapparal' and 'The Lone Ranger' but allow me the romantic thought of the former theory rather than the latter.
Still, writing is my game now, West goes West is the main thing, but fear not, I will still be regaling you with my execrable poetry; which I like to think of as free form rather than tripe.
The poetry is a bit like this blog. I sit down and start writing whatever comes into my head so that it is a representation of my thoughts at the moment they hit the page rather than a planned essay on life which is something I would struggle with. Life as well as the essay.
On that note I think it's time to go. So Peace and Love x ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment