Wednesday 6 August 2014

Some Poems


Here are some poems I wrote. They aren't Wordsworth, but I try.


Green Tea (29 May 14)
Green Tea is good for you
Refreshing and tasty
It beats coffee too
Although I might be hasty

 
Money (29 May 14)
Money.
Who needs it?
We all do.
Don't we?

 
Separation (6 Aug 14)
Separation is an awful thing
Which leaves us all bereft
Loneliness and longing come
In waves over the poor soul who
Has been left
Sadness comes in waves
Between attempts to laugh
Renew life and forget
The hurt
When does the pain of separation leave?
Unlike the one who has gone
Never.

 
I drink to forget (6 Aug 14)
I drink to forget
Forget what?
I don't recall.

 

 
As darkness falls (6 Aug 14)
As darkness falls
The walls
Close in.
As darkness falls
The light
Goes.
As darkness falls
The sadness
Comes.
As darkness falls
My hope
Leaves.
As darkness falls.

 
New Love (6 Aug 14)
It will never end
New Love.
Happiness is eternal
New Love.
We touch and can't
Be apart.
New Love
We call and text
Good Morning
And
Good Night.
Then we stop.
It's gone
New Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment