Thursday 10 October 2013

October

Well, I finally bit the bullet and turned the heating on. It's blowing a hoolie and raining outside so I think Autumn is finally upon us. Tonight I plan to have a chicken stew then stay in and read a good book. In fact it is a very good book called 'The Final Whistle, the Great War in Fifteen Players' by Stephen Cooper. The book looks at 15 men who played rugby for Rosslyn Park and who died in the First World War. It is very well written and I'm enjoying it very much.
I spent today working at home to produce a PowerPoint presentation for a course I deliver, it has been a while since I made a PowerPoint so I pretty much had to start from scratch since the whole thing has changed since the last time. Anyway, it's all done now, at least the first two drafts are. I'm sure it'll require some tweaking before it's ready to add to the event but I'm hoping not too many changes will be needed.
On a different note, Saturday I'll be meeting up with a pal in Edinburgh for a day of culture and entertainment involving the Scottish National Gallery, Waterstones and some pubs. I'm really looking forward to the trip, it should be a good day and it will be pleasant to see my pal who I haven't seen for a while. I'll have to take extra cash if I'm going to Waterstones though as I don't seem to be able to go into that place without buying books. I have enough already without buying more but as a bookaholic I can't resist. I'll let you know if I managed to hold out.
Off now to stir my stew (not a euphemism) and start reading.
ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment