Wednesday 16 October 2013

Another Birthday...

...has been and gone. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of good wishes from friends, it brought home to me that there are still people out there who care about me, they are all just a bit far away sometimes. I received my sole birthday card along with a lovely bottle of rum from The Brother which I will be savouring in moderation.
It's interesting that the vast majority of my birthday wishes came via Facebook, which in my mind doesn't devalue them in any way, it is just an indication of how our lives have moved on over the last few years. It cheered me up no end to think that there are so many people who still like me enough to wish me well.
I am feeling a little down today but that will pass I'm sure. I had such a lovely day yesterday that it was inevitable that today would be an anticlimax if that is what it is since the day was good but not that good.
Still all in all a day to savour. A bit like last Saturday when I met up with my pal in Edinburgh for a day out. We went to the Scottish National Museum which was not only free to get in but was exceptionally good. The exhibits were marvellous and the place is so big we had to make the decision to have a return trip to finish off looking around. I must be getting old though because there were things in there which I still use or have only recently gotten rid of, including a flat iron which I use to keep the middle door open in the house.
In general though I don't feel too bad just now. I still hanker after a partner in life but I'm making the best of my current situation and am living in hope.
Oh, and I won £3.20 on the Euromillions lottery last night. I won't let it go to my head.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment