Friday 26 April 2013

I'm back....

...from Edinburgh after a productive and enjoyable couple of days capped off by meeting a lovely young lady on the (much delayed) train home. She was on her way to Leicester from Aberdeen to take an exam tomorrow and we got talking about how she would not get to the place she was staying until really late and how she was concerned about the test.
She was young enough to be my daughter and although I am aiming to be a snake-hipped lothario by this time next year I only felt fatherly, or maybe avuncular feelings towards her. At least I managed to make her laugh and maybe took her mind off her concerns for a little while. I hope she reached her destination safely and does well in her exam as she was a lovely young lady and it would be a shame if she didn't achieve what she has set out to do, especially after such a long trip.
The kitties were fine whilst I was away, but I wouldn't like to leave them for anything longer than one night without someone coming in to see they are ok which The Brother has kindly volunteered to do.
Tomorrow I'm going to get my contact lense trial started to see if I can cope with soft ones. I hope it all works out.
Off for another rum and coke and a watch of the tv before bed.
TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment