Sunday 28 April 2013

Contact lenses.

I had a try-out of some soft contact lenses yesterday. I've been thinking for ages about whether to get them or not so I decided to go for a free trial. I had gas permeable ones many years ago but could not get away with them. Now there are soft ones which are said to correct astigmatism which they apparently couldn't do before.
I tried a variety of options and although they were all very comfortable none of them gave me the level of eyesight that I achieve with glasses. They all had an element of either blurred vision or a feeling that I was cross-eyed which made me feel uncomfortable, especially with the thought of driving with them in.
The upshot is that I've decided against contacts and have gone for a pair of rimless glasses which are very light and comfortable and should maintain the level of sight correction I'm comfortable with alongside the added advantage of not having to mess about taking them out every night. It is much easier to fall into bed and stick my glasses on the night-stand than it is to poke around in my eyes for however long it takes to get the darned lenses out.
So that's it, I remain a wearer of glasses and am happy with that.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment