Sunday 17 February 2013

A significant step.

I took a significant step yesterday, well significant in my little world anyway. I removed my wedding ring.
The decree absolute on Madame's and my divorce came through on 22 November last year but I have been wearing the ring anyway. I don't know why, it just didn't feel right to remove it so I didn't. Yesterday though something changed. I realised that whatever takes place between she and I we are no longer married and therefore wearing a symbol of something that no longer exists is foolish.
I will probably never wear another as I don't think that if I enter a new relationship or rekindle an old I would marry again. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, to lose one marriage is bad luck but to lose two smacks of carelessness.
So there we have it, a significant step for me yesterday.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment