Sunday 12 August 2012

Loneliness

I think loneliness must be one of the hardest emotions to overcome. At times it is something I feel even when I'm in a crowd.
To me it is the absence of love that makes loneliness.
I have been alone and not felt lonely when I have known that the love of a significant other was with me, now though with that feeling gone the full force of loneliness hits.
At times it recedes like a wave running back down a sloping beach then comes crashing back as if a huge roller has tripped up onto a surfing beach with the force of  a steam train, smashing me down onto the hard sand of unhappiness.
I must overcome, I will overcome. But when?
On a lighter note, I wonder why lonely and happy and in 'y' when loneliness and happiness replace the 'y' with an 'i'. The mysteries of spelling.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment