Saturday 18 June 2011

Isn't science wonderful?

My dear wife (Karen by the way) is currently organising a 30th anniversary class reunion for her old high school in Warren Ohio in 2013. She is currently on a video call with an old classmate through the internet. Once upon a time it would have been a transatlantic phone call, telegrams and before that letters going back and forth.  I wonder how long it will be before these reunions will be done virtually, doing away with having to travel and actually meeting up in person!
Anyway, It should be fun to go along and see a little bit of American tradition and spend a few hours repeating myself because no one can understand my Geordie accent (which isn't that broad) and fending off people who assume I'm either Scottish or Irish because I don't speak with a BBC English accent. Still musn't be grumpy about it,all the Americans I've met so far in the years I've known Karen have been great and really friendly so I can't complain.

Anyway, dinner time, time to force my cooking on Mrs Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment