Wednesday 8 June 2011

Interesting question number 4

Have you ever started a job and wished halfway through that you hadn't?

It's like this, for a while now I've been meaning to cut down the old Christmas tree I planted out about 15 years ago thinking it would only grow to about 3 of 4 feet.  When it hit ten feet and started to block out the sun and never looked like stopping, or returning to being the dwarf conifer I bought it as I decided now was the time. Now being 7.30 pm today, 1 hour later covered in scratches from the barbs which pass for pine needles on this monster the very question at the top of the page started to creep into my mind.

Anyway, after much sawing, swearing, hacking, swearing, pushing, swearing and a bit more hacking, swearing and pushing we have reached this stage

.....to be continued.
9th June:
My old friend is now lying at the bottom of the garden waiting for me to get my arse in gear and cut him into manageable bits. Don't hold your breath though, this may occur some way into the future, if at all, seeing as it nearly finished me off getting to where we are today.

.......to be continued (I think not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment