Saturday 18 June 2011

Interesting question number 5

Why does it always rain when I need to get in the garden?  The sun has been cracking the flags all week but suddenly its Saturday and a deluge of Biblical proportions has descended upon our little patch of Earth stopping my paving slab laying activities in their tracks. Probably for the best in the long run; I'm sure I would have jiggered my back again and been useless for weeks-it has been said I've been useless for years anyway, but that's another story.
Anyway, at least the lack of outdoor work has allowed me to inflict more of my cooking on my much loved and long-suffering wife (to whom I will have been married for 8 years on Tuesday, they said it wouldn't last, pah!). Today she will be forcing down Baked gammon with sweet potatoes and corn bread. The corn bread could double as sound proofing if required or as a soft landing for a person trapped in a tall building, boing!
Enough of this now, time for a snooze before dinner, its tiring being a blogger, if that's what I am rather than a rambling buffoon.  OK, we'll go for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment