Tuesday 31 May 2016

Meeting 'The One'

I've been thinking, yes I know that's twice this year and I also know it's a dangerous thing but I've been doing it anyway and I've reached a conclusion. The conclusion is that I'm not cut out to be in a relationship.
Why's that? You ask. And I'll tell you.
Much as I would wish it to be different I realise that I am pretty much of a loner, not anti social just more comfortable on my own, this avoids disappointment and sadness. Part of the reason for this realisation I reckon is that as a fat four-eyed child/adolescent I was never attractive to girls/young women and so I relied on my wit and charm to make friends and get a girlfriend, which is fine as far as it goes but one does tend to be either the 'friend' or the weird one, never boyfriend material. As I grew into portly adulthood the subtraction of hair didn't help the cause so I became the funny guy who always, or more often than not, went home alone and I gradually became comfortable with my own company and developed a self deprecating manner, a 'oh it doesn't matter' attitude and put up a somewhat austere, until people get to know me, wall around me.
Now that doesn't mean I don't like the company of other people it's just that I think that I've become so set in my ways that it will be impossible to find someone who would have the patience to take me on, on a deeper level and to break down the wall that has built up, or more correctly that I have erected around me over the years should she be daft enough to want to give it a try.
Now I'm not saying the person doesn't exist who could be 'The One' and it would be delightful if such a person came along with their metaphorical sledge hammer and managed to break through, all I'm saying is that I have reached a stage of acceptance of who I am and have reconciled myself with the life I have.
I'm not sad or lonely and I have plenty of social interaction both real and online so I'm not really sure what the point of writing this is. Probably because it came into my head and I thought I would share.
And on that note I'll fizzle out and say ttfn.
Peace and Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment