Saturday 4 April 2015

In a land down under

This week I'm in Sydney, Australia having a break from travelling for work by travelling for pleasure. After a long flight from Newcastle via Amsterdam and Abu Dhabi I arrived at Sydney. KLM and Emirates are both splendid airlines and Schiphol is a smashing airport even if it is undergoing some refurb work at the moment.
Anyway, arrived in Sydney and took the train to Central and the light rail to my apartment hotel in Darling Harbour. If you are ever travelling around Sydney I wholeheartedly recommend you obtain an Opal card for travel on trains, light rail, buses and ferries. It's by far the most convenient way to pay for journeys.
The apartment at the hotel is splendid, with all the amenities you could wish for, including a washing machine and drier.
Anyway, I've now been here one full day and have only mooched around the Darling Harbour area, which is pretty neat. Saturday night there was a short firework display for some unknown reason, but it was very good especially viewed from the 9th floor where I am situated. Tomorrow (Sunday) I think I'll mooch round here some more then branch out a bit from Monday onwards.
So apart from saying that Sydney is a splendid city and that I could comfortably live here I'll stop for now.
More reports to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment