Saturday 14 March 2015

At the beach.

I'm in my usual spot at Alnmouth Beach watching the waves roll in and the dog walkers walk dogs gearing myself up for another fun week in Sunny Stratford, East London.
It is a splendid place to relax after a busy week away.
I'm writing this post on my Chromebook connected to the internet via a rather nifty piece of kit which allows me to use mobile broadband pretty much anywhere there is a half decent signal. The wonders of technology.
Last week was spent working in Birmingham and Manchester which was fun, especially as, for the first time in my life I was importuned by a lady of the night whilst standing outside my hotel in Birmingham. Sadly I had to decline her kind offer because I realised that I couldn't claim her charges back on expenses. Another opportunity for a life experience lost, never mind, it is probably best that I did turn her down.
I love the travel aspect of my job even though it's tiring and sitting on trains does my back in. It's great to visit different places, meet new people and make new friends. I will never understand people who don't enjoy travel, it's their choice in most cases I guess so I shouldn't criticise them for it. It's just that the whole idea of sitting in one place and never going anywhere is alien to me. Says the man who sits for hours in the same spot every Saturday!
I'm looking forward to the clocks going forward in a couple of weeks, I love the long hours of daylight, Winter drags me down sometimes so it's always good to see Spring arrive. The only down side is that the parking charges at the beach start as well so my relaxing mornings will cost £1.50 a shot until October. A cheaper way to relax than my friend in Birmingham though.
Anyway, I'll stop now so ttfn.
Peace and Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment