Monday 5 May 2014

The future.

A thought just struck me a couple of minutes ago about how I'm looking at my feelings and emotions. I do have low moods and feelings of anxiety at times but what struck me was that I may have been interpreting the anxious feelings wrongly.
Could it be that what I'm experiencing is not fear or foreboding but expectation? Quite often the worry that I feel is not about a tangible event that is on the horizon but some unknown occurrence which could just as well be good as bad.
I can understand worrying about doctors appointments or dental exams where I know there is the possibility that there will be pain or discomfort involved, but the unknown, the future, should hold no fear, rather it should hold optimism and hope.
Who said the future should be bad? There is no reason why one can't look at what is to come with the hope of happiness rather than the expectation of misery. Sometimes these things are a self-fulfilling prophecy, if one expects doom and gloom maybe that is what you will get. If one looks forward to the future and expects harmony and happiness perhaps that is the more likely outcome.
I don't know. There is sadness and unhappiness in the world, but equally there is much fun and happiness. We can't manage the future, what comes our way comes our way whatever we do, all we can do is try to look for the positives and be optimistic.
I may of course be talking utter tripe but you never know. On that note, be positive; Love and Peace. ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment