Sunday 4 May 2014

The best laid plans.

I was all geared up to cut the grass and do a spot if light weeding today until I awoke to a damp morning which knocked that idea on the head. Instead I have been sitting around reading and thinking and generally doing a whole lot of not very much.
My main thinking has been around the trip I would like to take for my birthday week in October and so I've been putting my mind to the various possibilities. Now I know I said I was going to live in the day and not plan too much but I think such trips do need to be planned for so here I am looking on the various trip booking, hotel and airline websites to get an idea of cost. It isn't a cheap activity to travel these days so I may well have to put off my ideal trip, a return to Vegas until another day and cut my cloth a little closer. Having said that, a trip to Vegas for 7 nights is not much more than some trips to the near Continent. This is mainly because the hotels in Vegas tend to be cheaper and they offset the higher transatlantic air fares whilst most of the hotels in Europe are somewhat higher even though the flights are cheaper.
Anyway, enough of that, what I am trying to say is that I need a trip for my birthday week and can't decide where to go. Mind you, in my opinion a good proportion of the fun of travelling is in the planning although some may disagree so that isn't a problem for me.
This year my birthday falls on a Wednesday and as that was the day of the week I was actually born on it will be 56 years to the day on the 15th October when I arrived to bring fun, happiness and a degree of misery to all those I have encountered.
Back to the trip; having set aside Vegas as a destination I am now looking for inspiration and as it is October when I plan to travel it would be best I should say to go somewhere warm. I am toying with Malta or Gibraltar at the moment so I think I'll go now and look up those particular destinations and see what's what. Don't be surprised though to find that I've decided on Vegas. Even though I say I've discounted it for now you just never know. I'm in love with the place for some unaccountable reason so there is always a voice in the back of my mind saying "go to Vegas".
Still, all will be revealed in good time so until then, Love and Peace. ttfn x

No comments:

Post a Comment