Wednesday 21 October 2015

Yet another poem-In London

In London
Alone
Just me
An hotel room
with the windows open
the sounds of the street
Rise up to meet the silence
As I sit and contemplate their lives
The people driving, walking, riding past the hotel
Shouts and yells filter up through the night sky
A baby cries, she is out late, I wonder why
The city at night is no place for a young child
Travellers, perhaps, late off the train coming to stay, maybe even here
A siren now, ambulance, fire or police an accident or a crime
Who knows, not me in my room here on floor five
listening as the buses, cars and bikes roll past me
Oblivious to my existence not knowing I hear them
nor caring as they hurry by, to where?
To home, to night shift, to party
Anonymous noises but still quite familiar
a droning hubbub of bustle
A crazy man laughs
A woman screams
A yell
London


No comments:

Post a Comment