Tuesday 28 February 2012

More from the green fields of Northumberland.

As the evenings grow gradually lighter the clamour from under the stairs becomes louder. This means it will soon be time to release the gardener from his winter hibernation and set him loose on the acres of overgrown scrub land I laughingly like to call 'the garden'.
This year, Hey You!, for that is his name will have to decide on a new rotation system for the asparagus fields, not to mention making a new run for the foi gras geese. I haven't yet decided on whether to enlarge the sturgeon pond, I am becoming a little bored with Caviar but time will tell, I may yet get the taste back and will regret not getting Hey You! to do it should a shortage occur. Much thought needed on that one I should say.
On a lighter note, my see food diet is going great guns and I am well on track to be at my target weight before the summer prancing season begins. It was highly embarrassing last season when my best prancing shorts split at a very inopportune moment. I don't think the Vicar will ever recover and it will be a while before I'm allowed back into the freestyle carpet bowls competition.
Still enough of this, cook is calling to ask about this evenings banquet so I'll be off.
Toodle pip!

2 comments:

  1. I warned you about those prancing shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I just can't help myself. You know I can't resist the feel of brillo pads against the skin.

    ReplyDelete